3 Bean Chili
Its hearty, its, packed full of protein, and its just plan delicious. Canned beans are a great staple to have in the kitchen. I recommend draining and rinsing the beans to give them your own personal touch. Don’t be afraid to add your own flavors and methods to canned beans.
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans petite diced tomatoes
1 cup vegetable stock
3 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
1 large red onion, chopped
1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons cumin
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1. In a large deep pot, over high heat, add oil and combine garlic, onion, and peppers. Sauté for 4-6 minutes until vegetables are soft.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Add tomatoes, vegetable stock, and all beans. Stir the mixture until well combined.
3. Add cumin, chili powder, sugar and salt to chili; stir.
4. Simmer on low heat and cover for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve in bowls and top with vegan sour cream, scallions and vegan cheese. ENJOY!!