VEGAN BREAKFAST SAUSAGE
1 cup of cooked rice (I prefer brown but you can use what you like)
1 cup of quick oats
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon 100% maple syrup (I like my sausage a lil’ sweet, this can be adjusted to 1 teaspoon)
1 tablespoon olive oil or oil of your choice
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 ½ tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or tamari
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon sage
¼ teaspoon thyme
1. Using a blender or food processor, add dry oats, cooked rice and pulse the mixture together only a few times to mix and break pieces up. You may still have a few whole pieces, which is okay.
2. Transfer the oat/rice blend to a mixing bowl; add all remaining ingredients. Mix well.
3. Depending on how big you want your patties, I usually use a small ice cream scooper and scoop mixture to form into balls and then flatten.
4. Use a nonstick pan, then add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan; about 1 - 1 ½ tablespoons over medium high heat.
5. Place patties in hot skillet (be careful of the splatter). Cook patties on each side until browned (usually takes about 3- 5 minutes each side).
6. Once patties are done, transfer to paper towel to drain. ENJOY!!